LAST UPDATED: 8th May 2018
Data Controller and Data Protection Officer
You can contact the Data Controller by email by writing to [email protected]
In accordance with the new General Data Protection Regulation, Cre'Online has appointed a Data Protection Officer in the person of Gaëlle Lefevre.
To contact the Data Protection Officer, you can send an email to: [email protected]
The information that we collect
During your registration with the Rewarded Surveys consumer panel, we collect personal information about you through the registration form, such as:
- Your civil status
- Your first name
- Your surname
- Your date of birth
- A valid email address
- Your postal address
- A password
- Your Login ID
Collection of this data is mandatory to be able to open your account on the panel and access our services.
In addition, you can also provide us with other, optional information that concerns you, through questionnaires:
- Your level of studies
- The annual income of your household
- Your professional status
- Your areas of interest and your consumer habits
- Your economic and financial situation
- The collection of this data is useful, but not mandatory to be able to access our services. If you do not provide this information, you may not be able to access some surveys and/or receive offers to complete surveys that do not correspond fully to your profile.
Finally, other data is collected when you visit our site, whether or not you are connected to your member area:
- Your connection data (IP address, operating system version, ...)
- Information about your use (the pages that you visit, the elements on which you click, the surveys in which you participate, ...)
- Information about the referents (if you arrive on our website from another page, we record information concerning the source which referred you to us)
If you contact us via our contact form or by email, we may retain a record of that correspondence.
This data is kept until the closure of your account on rewarded-surveys.co.uk or after 3 years of inactivity on the website.
Your explicit and clear consent constitutes the legal basis for the handling of your data.
How do we use the information we collect?
All of the data that we collect with your consent is intended for the use of the company Cre’Online with the sole purpose of building and operating a database of panellists likely to respond to surveys that correspond to their profile. We also use your personal data to send you, if applicable, your gifts and rewards by post and by electronic means.
Cre'Online handles your data for the following purposes:
- To send you invitations to take part in rewarded surveys that correspond to your profile
- To allow our partners to send you invitations to take part in rewarded surveys that correspond to your profile
- To send you rewards by electronic means and by post
- To establish and analyse statistical data at the end of a survey
- To send you notifications about our remuneration system and/or the attribution of points
- To keep you informed about news and improvements to our site and/or to our services
- To provide market research institutes and/or potential partners with a summary of the panel composition (in the form of statistical data)
- To respond to your requests through our technical support
- To promote our services through various marketing means
- To improve our services
- To develop new products and new features
The information recorded is exclusively reserved for use by the service(s) concerned and may be communicated to our partners in order to offer you more surveys.
The information that we share
The surveys that are on offer to you on the site or by email come from our clients and our partners (Market research institutes and consumer panels). These partners carry out surveys on behalf of their own clients.
Also, some of your personal data, including your unique panellist ID, your civil status, your postal code, your marital status or any other information that you would have entered using the thematic questionnaires, may be forwarded to our partners with the sole purposes of:
- Identifying which of our partners’ surveys you may be eligible for;
- Communicating this data to our partners’ clients in the framework of audience measurement services;
- Compiling data from different surveys and communicating it to our partners’ clients for the purposes of analysis or research;
- Allowing them to invite you by email to respond to their surveys.
Within the framework of deleting your panelist account, we commit to informing our partners so that they may take the necessary measures. Only Cre'Online is empowered to respond to requests to unsubscribe and assumes full responsibility. Participation in our clients’ surveys does not create any affiliate link between you and in no case allows you to benefit from their services.
We work with our partners to ensure that they meet high levels of confidentiality and best practice in the field of standards of privacy and security, and we routinely examine those standards and practices.
You may find it useful to have a look at the Privacy Charts of our partners below:
- Survey Sampling International, LLC / Peanut Labs, Inc.: http://www.rnssiprivacy.com/
- Toluna SAS: https://uk.toluna.com/privacy
- Lucid Holdings, LLC: https://samplicio.us/s/privacy-policy
- Cint AB: https://www.cint.com/participant-privacy-notice
- P2Sample: https://www.your-surveys.com/partner/privacy
In addition, we can share information or data for the following purposes:
- To comply with a legal, regulatory or judicial obligation or any other applicable request from a public authority;
- To enforce the applicable rules, in particular by looking into any possible violations of said rules;
- To detect, prevent or handle fraudulent activities, security violations or any technical problem;
- To guard against any infringement of the rights, property or safety of our users, the public, or of Cre’Online and/or when the law requires or allows this.
In the framework of handling this data, we do not perform direct marketing operations and will never share your data with telemarketers or advertising agencies for the purposes of promotion or prospection. Your data could in no case be used for other purposes, in particular commercial reasons.
Transfer of your data outside the European Union
In order to offer you more surveys, we work in collaboration with partners (Market research institutes and consumer panels) that call upon our base of panellists to respond to their surveys. Some of our partners are located outside of the European Union, more particularly in the United States.
The following data will be communicated to these recipients:
- Your civil status
- Your first name
- Your surname
- Your date of birth
- Your email address
- Your postal code
- Some additional data that you would have entered on your personal space (information of economic and financial order, consumer habits, etc.)
Transmission of this data to recipients located outside the European Union is necessary to be able to offer you the surveys from our partners that correspond to your profile and enable them to send you invitations to their surveys.
We consider the protection of your personal data to be of the utmost importance. Therefore, the following guarantees have been made to ensure that we offer a satisfactory level of protection of your personal data:
- The level of protection of personal data in the United States is recognised as adequate by the European Union.
- Our partners adhere to the principles of the EU-US data Privacy Shield Framework designed to regulate the transfer of personal data coming from the European Union towards the United States. To find out more about the Privacy Shield Framework, you can visit the website https://www.privacyshield.gov
- For partners that have not adhered to the Privacy Shield Framework, the transfers are governed by Binding Corporate Rules (BCR) that have been subject to the approval of the supervisory authority. Binding Corporate Rules are a code of conduct that defines the policy of a company in matters of personal data transfers. The BCR allow adequate protection of the data transferred to be offered.
- Finally, for partners that do not fall into the first two categories, we have entered into Standard Contractual Clauses to protect your data, in accordance with the regulations in force.
The information that you share
Some of our services allow you to share information with third parties (Quick Polls). Be aware that when you share information publicly, it may be indexed by search engines. We are not in a position to delete search engine content: please choose carefully what information you share.
Cre'Online does not allow itself to collect, use or store in memory any data concerning racial or ethnic origins, political and philosophical opinions or religious beliefs, trade union affiliations, the morals or sexual orientation and the health of members of the panel.
Protection of minors
Our services are not intended for minors under 16 years of age and may not be used by them. Cre'Online does not knowingly collect any personal data from children under the age of 16 years old and does not allow them to open an account on the panel. Should it come to our attention that we have collected personal information from a minor, we can delete the information without notice. If you have reason to believe that this has happened, please contact us.
When you visit our website www.rewarded-surveys.co.uk, information may be recorded in files called "cookies" installed on your computer, tablet or mobile phone.
A cookie is a text file that is deposited in a dedicated space on the hard drive of your device when you consult online content. Cookie files can only be read by the transmitter. They allow their transmitter to recognise the device concerned when said device accesses digital content that contains cookies from the same transmitter.
Here are details about the different cookies that we use on our site:
- Technical cookies: they are necessary for navigation on our site, as well as access to our various services. In particular, they allow us to improve your navigation experience. Technical cookies can also implement security measures (this is the case for example when you are asked to log in to your account again after a certain period of time has gone by). In particular, they make it possible to recognise you when you connect to your member space, which avoids you having to identify yourself several times a day on our site. When you take part in our online surveys, we can be led to use this type of file in order to avoid repeatedly sending you surveys to which you have already responded. By using our site, you accept the use of these Cookies. It is possible to block the installation of cookies on your computer from the settings of your Internet browser, but be aware that if this is the case, you will not be able to participate in all our surveys and will not be able to access certain parts of the site.
- Audience cookies: they are issued by us or by our technical service providers for the purposes of measuring visitors to the various content and sections of our site, in order to evaluate and better organise them. These cookies also allow us, where appropriate, to detect navigational problems and consequently to improve the ergonomics of our services. These cookies produce nothing more than anonymous statistics and visitor volumes. These cookies are only installed if you agree to them. The life span of these audience measurement cookies does not exceed 13 months.
- "Social Media” cookies: We place modules at various locations on the site, that allow you to share the contents of our site via your facebook account (“share” buttons). We recommend that you consult the data protection policy of this social media to take knowledge of the end purposes, especially advertising, and the navigational information that they can gather using this application. These cookies are only installed if you agree to them. The life span of these Cookies does not exceed 13 months.
You can manage your cookie preferences by clicking here or by visiting “Cookies management” in the "Personal Data” menu.
Once your internet browser is closed, the cookies automatically stop collecting data, but they nevertheless remain installed on your computer. You can uninstall them by modifying the settings of your Internet browser.
We collect data from your computer such as the IP address, the name of your Internet browser and your operating system in order to avoid you completing the same survey several times.
As part of your registration, you must choose a password to access your account in a secure manner. We recommend that you choose a password that is sufficiently complex and not to disclose it to anyone. In order to ensure the protection of your data, this password is encrypted in our database and we do not have access to it. Also, in the case of a forgotten password, you will need to click on "Forgot Login?" and “Lost Password” in order to receive an email with the procedure to follow to generate a new password.
You will also need to choose a Username. This Username is liable to appear on the site, especially if you participate in quick polls or within the framework of our communications. That is why we recommend that you do not include information that would allow you to be identified (name, surname, postal code...).
We also recommend that you remember to disconnect from your member space once your navigation is complete, especially if you are using a computer in a public place (cafe, university, library, etc...).
Finally, you must also ensure that you have sufficient security on the systems that you use (firewalls, antivirus, etc.).
We are committed to taking all the necessary precautions to ensure the security of your information and in particular to prevent it being lost, deformed, damaged or communicated to unauthorised third parties. Nevertheless, despite all our efforts, no method of transmission over the Internet and no method of storage is completely safe. In the case where we would detect a violation of your personal data (destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure or unauthorised access by accidental or illegal means), we are committed to taking appropriate measures and to notifying the supervisory authority responsible for monitoring the application of the General Data Protection Regulation within a period of 72 hours. We are also committed to informing the persons concerned if the violation of the data is likely to create a significant risk to their rights and freedoms.
For more information about the protection of your personal data, please see our Data Protection Policy.
Management of and access to your data
Within the framework of the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have certain legal rights that authorise you to inform yourself about the personal information that we retain about you, to access it, to obtain its rectification, update, modification or suppression under agreed circumstances. Some of these rights may be subject to certain exceptions or limitations.
Here are your rights:
- The right to access the data to know what personal data we have about you and to obtain a copy. Exercise of the right to access allows you to check the accuracy of your data and if required, to have it rectified or deleted.
- The right to restrict handling, to request that your personal data is no longer used in some cases.
- The right to rectify, to request that your personal data be updated or modified.
- The digital right to be forgotten (right to erasure), to obtain the deletion of your personal data.
- The right to oppose handling, to oppose the use of your personal data and obtain its deletion.
- The right to withdraw consent if you want to unsubscribe.
- Portability rights to obtain a copy of the information that you have provided in order to pass it on to another company, on the basis of a reasoned and non-abusive request.
As the Data Controller, Cre'Online is required to respond to the requests of the persons concerned who ask to exercise their rights within the framework of the General Data Protection Regulation.
Deleting your account
You can delete your member account at any time:
Either by navigating to the tab "My Account" -> "Edit" -> "Update Your Profile" -> "Unsubscribe" -> "Deactivation of your account."
Either from your “Surveys” space, by clicking on "Unsubscribe" -> "Deactivation of your account."
However, if you have never taken part in our online rewarded surveys or if you do not respond to our requirements during the registration process, we will have no choice but to delete your account.
Modification of your personal data
You can modify your data by connecting to your personal space.
Exercising your other rights
To exercise your other rights, you can contact us by sending an email to [email protected]
We strive to respond to your request within a reasonable period of time, without exceeding 30 days, except when the processing of your request requires more time, given the complexity and the number of requests received. In all cases, this period may not exceed 3 months.
Exercising your rights regarding responses to surveys
Within the framework of the surveys that you complete, you are redirected towards our partners’ surveys. Cre’Online is not Data Controller for the personal data that you provide when you are redirected to these surveys. Also, we are not in a position to deal directly with requests relating to your rights and in particular concerning modification and suppression or obtaining a copy of your responses. We will, however, do everything necessary to accompany you in your requests by contacting the partner concerned and/or providing you with a contact. When you contact us, please communicate the following information to us:
- the link, invitation by email or web page that you used to respond to the survey
- the reference of the survey
- your name and email address
Visitors to the site who wish to exercise their rights may at any time delete the personal data about them that we have stored by deleting or by disabling cookies.
If, despite the information provided above, you are unable to exercise your rights within the framework of the GDPR as a European citizen, please contact us at [email protected]
If you are dissatisfied with the way in which we have handled your request, you have the right to submit a complaint to your controlling authority.
In the case where we would be brought to significantly change the way in which we collect or use your information or your personal data, we will notify account holders on the Rewarded Surveys panel by electronic means.